Chanticleer Holdings, Inc. is Hooters® franchisee in Australia to develop Hooters restaurants going forward.
In July 2014, Chanticleer acquired 60% of TMIX Management Australia Pty, Ltd., Hooters franchisee in Australia, and its Hooters restaurants in Parramatta and Penrith, both suburbs of Sydney. In October 2015, the Company increased its stake to 80% with 20% owned by PCS Investments Pty Ltd., its new business partner in Australia.
- There currently are 5 Hooters restaurants in Australia: Parramatta, Penrith, Campbelltown, Surfers Paradise, and Townsville.
- Expected market opportunity ~ 15 restaurants
Commonwealth of Australia: 2011 (est.) selected statistics:
- Population: ~22 Million
- Official language: English
- Country capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
- GDP (PPP): $926.2 billion
- GDP per Capita (PPP): $40,800