Operating Partner

Chanticleer Holdings, Inc. acquired the franchise rights to develop and operate Hooters restaurants in Hungary in April 2012.  The Company has partnered with Alex Hemingway and his team, forming Crown Restaurants, to operate Hooters franchises in Europe.  Chanticleer Holdings plans to expand into other European markets.

Managing Director: Alex Hemingway

Management Experience:

  • Alex Hemingway, Director of Chanticleer Europe is a highly successful and respected veteran of the QSR industry in Central Europe. Mr. Hemingway brings domestic and international executive management experience to the team and a proven track record of success in the Central European QSR industry. Between 1999–2005, Alex was President and Chief Executive of Central European Franchise Group (“CEFG”), the owner and operator of the Pizza Hut and Kentucky Fried Chicken brands in Hungary as well as three local national brands. Both brands boasted the highest customer feedback scores in the region for YUM! Restaurants International. While managing CEFG, Mr. Hemingway was approached by Orient Rt., Central Europe’s largest restaurant company with 130+ operating units based in Budapest, to be its Chief Executive Officer. Between the two companies Alex has had over 180 units and 5000 people under his employ. Alex founded and served as the Director of the Fast Food Association of Hungary. He currently serves on the Board of Supervisors of the Budapest Honved Football Club and local charitable foundations.

Economics: 

  • Chanticleer Holdings will own 80% of Chanticleer's business in Hungary with a management group led by Alex Hemingway owning the remaining 20%.