Overview

Chanticleer Holdings, Inc. acquired the exclusive franchise rights to develop and operate Hooters restaurants in South Africa in 2008 and initially partnered with Shaw Holdings to operate and jointly own Hooters SA. At the end of Q3 2011, Chanticleer bought Shaw’s interest and now with it’s LP’s has a majority interest in the first 3 South African locations:

  • Chanticleer formed a management company in South Africa that operates and manages all the South African restaurants. HOTR owns 80% of the management company and key management own the remaining 20%.
  • The fourth restaurant, Emperor's Palace opened in mid-Feb 2012.
  • 5th restaurant opened December 14, 2013 in The Willows Crossing Shopping Centre  in Pretoria, national capital of South Africa.
  • 6th location secured in Port Elizabeth expected to open in the second half of 2014.
  • Expected market opportunity ~ 20 restaurants 

The Republic of South Africa: 2011 (est.) selected statistics:

  • Population: ~49 Million
  • Official languages: 11
  • Country capital: Pretoria
  • Currency: Rand
  • GDP (PPP): $562.2 billion
  • GDP per Capita (PPP): $11,100